PRESCRIPTION AND GROCERY DELIVERIES
Please note that we continue to operate during the current lock down conditions. We are committed to supported the communities of Mull as much as we can. We are helping all those who are self- isolating, have one or more members of the household in the shielded category plus of course everyone else to comply with the Government Guidance requiring us all to stay home.
We are working with the Salen Dispensing Surgery and delivering all of their prescriptions to patients’ homes. Our bus has been equipped with a battery powered cool box for any medication that needs to be kept in a fridge at the correct temperature.
Patients don’t need to worry about arranging delivery, this will happen automatically, just order your prescription as you normally would and we will deliver it.
We also deliver groceries from Salen Spar on Fridays and from Dervaig Post Office and Stores on Tuesdays. All you need to do is phone or email your order through to the shop and arrange payment and we will deliver it for you.
For all deliveries, we will comply with the Government Guidance on physical distancing, our drivers are following the instructions below for the safety of all concerned;
- If you feel unwell at all (sore throat, high temperature, shortness of breath…etc.) stay at home and do not drive. You should then follow the official NHS guidance which is current at the time
- Wash down all the handles and controls on the vehicle with anti-bacterial cleaning spray and cloth at start and end of each journey
- Wash hands at the start and end of each journey using water and soap or the alcohol based anti-bacterial gel which we have made provision for
- Collect the pre-packed order(s) of groceries from the shop, spending minimum time in the shop
- Collect the prescriptions(s) which are pre-authorised for collection, from the Salen Dispensing Surgery spending minimum time in the surgery/pharmacy
- Don’t knock on the door or ring a bell with your naked hand, use either a disposable tissue or glove
- Deliver the groceries/prescriptions, avoiding personal contact no closer than 3m but making sure that the resident is feeling okay
- Do not enter the house you are delivering to. Place the groceries and/or prescription on the doorstep or post box, knock on the door and step back 3m to maintain a “social distance”
Our service is free and we only ask for a donation if you are able to afford it. We can accept donations on line here or we can provide our bank details on request so you can make a BACS payment. In both cases, please use a reference like UFCT.